Thursday, November 20, 2014

17 year Olds not driving

17-year Olds Not Driving (by Choice)
For my topic I picked a couple of people to interview, who I know don't have drivers’ licenses, just to find out why they don’t. The teens who said they didn't have drivers’ licenses said either they don't need it or don't have it because they have people, like friends or family, to drive them around.  Also, they don't feel they need a license is because even if they did have a license, they don't have a car to drive around.
I feel that having a license gives you more freedom because you can go where you want, whenever you want. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t at least try to get a license, especially if you have a car or  your parents let you borrow their car. I think that if you have a license it shows that you are more responsible; you have to pay for the car and the gas and the maintenance. Having your license makes it more convenient to go from place to place, like going to and from school or if you have a job you could get to and from work or even just going to friends’ houses because you don't always need to rely on your friends or your parents to bring you places.

I guess I understand why some teens choose not to have a license.  But for me, I really like having my license for the freedom and responsibility it gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment